Mortgage Loan Originator
SUMMARY: The Mortgage Loan Originator (“MLO”) is a team member. The MLO is responsible for developing referral relationship and originating mortgage loans to help people buy, build and renovate primary, vacation and investment homes. The MLO is expected to match qualified borrowers with our extensive offering of standard and portfolio loan programs as well as develop new portfolio products. The MLO will also be compensated for originating other bank services such as commercial loans and depository services. The MLO will have the support to develop a team to maximize growth in all areas.
LOCATION: 32500 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak, MI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for CSB core values: Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Innovation and Leadership.
- Have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of all retail products and services and sufficient understanding of all bank services to make effective referrals to other business lines.
- Support bank efforts to serve small businesses through promotion of jumbo and portfolio loan programs
- Develop referral relationship with Realtors, CPS, CFPs, attorneys and employers which provide a steady flow of loan closings
- Participate in industry and business networking groups to maintain product knowledge and expand referral network.
- Develop a team of assistants to leverage referral relationships
- Identify quality borrowers not served by the market and assist in development of programs to enable home ownership.
- Ensure positive client experience as measured through surveys and referrals
- Perform other duties as required.